One thing is for sure: nothing during these times is certain, which also includes getting our shopping done.
With the holidays coming up, many shops and malls will be very full and busy, especially during everyone’s favorite shopping day of the year: Black Friday! Which means we should be careful for possible lines outside of stores, full of people who are dying to get their Christmas shopping done. The huge number of discounts play a role in this too. No one wants to miss those, after all. But let’s be honest, no one wants to stand in long lines, with a bunch of people around them during these times. To create a smoother experience, I have come up with these 5 tips, which might make your Black Friday go a little easier than expected!
1. First of all (which is probably very obvious) shop online! The Black Friday discounts definitely are also happening on online websites, so save yourself some time and energy by doing some online shopping. Another important note: many websites offer Black Friday deals for the whole week. So, if you haven’t already, check out your favorite website and see if they have a deal for you!
2. Second, if you would rather do your shopping in real life, I’d recommend going as early as possible! It is usually a little less busy than in the later hours, which allow for a more pleasant shopping experience. And most importantly, your favorite items might still be on the selves!
3. Thirdly, if you cannot shop online or if you are unavailable to go in the morning, then do your research beforehand. Take a look at the deals online and try to prepare a list of items you would like to purchase before going shopping. It will save you a lot of time and energy, and it’s very efficient!
4. Next, create a budget. Overspending all your money usually starts when you hang around stores and look at items that you don’t really need. If you make a budget, you’re easily reminded that you don’t need to buy much stuff, and thus, you won’t make spontaneous purchases. This way, you won’t waste your time in such a hectic and overwhelming environment.
5. And lastly, the most important tip, make sure to distance yourself from others, and let others have a look at the items as well.There are plenty of products, so no need to bicker and keep the holiday spirit up :). It is important to be kind and show some care for others, especially during these times.
Hopefully, with these tips, you’ll have a great Black Friday. Make sure to be careful and have fun whilst shopping. Happy Holidays!
Author: Danisha Carron
Editor: Gwendolyne Cheung
Illustrator: Ira Lizenko